In June 2007, the Glen Ellyn-Wheaton Chorale performed a concert tour in England, singing seven concerts. Two of these concerts were performed in conjunction with local singing groups: the Brewood Singers in Wheaton Aston and the Weyward Singers in Weybridge. These longer concerts presented sections by each choral group, then completed with combined singing.
Concerts were given at the following locations:
- Bath Abbey in Bath
- Gloucester Cathedral in Gloucester
- Warwick Castle in Warwick
- St. Mary's Church in Wheaton Aston
- Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon
- The Lady Chapel at Ely Cathedral in Ely
- St. James Parish Church of Weybridge
Additional points of interest:
Several friends of the Chorale were added to the group to fill out our ranks and meet the minimum size needed for an efficient tour. We hope you enjoy these pictures that capture the Chorale's thrill in sharing our music with those "across the pond"!